- TortoiseSVN > Settings > Network > SSH Client, browse for TortoisePlink.exe, typical path is "C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoisePlink.exe"
- In Checkout dialog enter path to the remote repository, e.g. svn+ssh://user1@deby/project1
- In popup window type password.
- If you setup password-less ssh login you need to add the private key to pageant (you can download it here). In this case authentication will go transparently.
- If you already have open ssh session via PuTTY, you can use tunneling feature. In PuTTY configuration, under Category Connection > SSH > Tunnels set Source port to 22, Destination to localhost:22. Click Add, Apply. In this case URL to repository will be svn+ssh://user1@localhost/project1
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
TortoiseSVN is a windows shell extension for subversion. Here we are going access svn repository over ssh. You can read how to install and configure svn in this post, how to configure svnserve here and take a look at password-less ssh login here.